Care and Treatment at Martha's Vineyard Hospital
Martha’s Vineyard Hospital’s Emergency Department provides medical care to all, without regard to ability to pay. Our full-time Emergency Department staff is board-certified in Emergency Medicine. We are committed to delivering care in a timely manner. If a patient requires clinical care not available here, our experienced, highly trained staff will initiate care, communicate diagnosis and medical status to the appropriate hospital off-Island and prepare the patient for transfer by ground or air transportation.
Our Emergency Department Offers:
- Dedicated Fast-Track triage for patients with less critical illness or injuries during our peak season (June – September 1)
- Private patient triage area
- State-of-the-art monitoring and imaging equipment
- Emergency stroke care as a Certified Stroke Center. For more information about our certification as a Stroke Center and how to recognize the signs of stroke click here.
- Tele-radiology services 24 hours a day/365 days a year with our affiliate Massachusetts General Hospital
- Prompt and reliable consultation with specialists at our affiliate Massachusetts General Hospital
Get the Facts
Did You Know?
Emergency Department visits occurred at MVH in 2019 alone.
Things To Know About Your Visit
We know a visit to the Emergency Department can be stressful and sometimes even scary. We realize your time is valuable and your concerns about your health or the health of a friend or loved one are very serious. Please do not hesitate to talk with a member of our staff about any concerns at any time. We are here to help.
It is always your right to decline services if you so choose, though we strongly discourage leaving prior to receiving medical attention. Leaving without treatment can be a serious, perhaps life-threatening decision. However, if you decide to leave after registering for care, we ask that you notify a member of the Emergency Department staff.